Los Angeles, CA
Univision Communications Inc (UCI) — the leading media company serving Hispanic America — seeks a bilingual Digital Journalist to write stories, produce/shoot video, graphic design, and audio to digitally support radio talent and brands. The right candidate loves music and lives and breathes the lifestyle ofUnivision radio brands under the Uforia concept.
The Digital Journalist has a minimum of 3 years of professional experience. Primary responsibilities will include writing stories and producing multimedia (video, digital, audio, and graphic design) content to support radio station genres and radio talent. This person will work collaboratively across teams, maintaining communication between the Uforia Music team, the radio talents and the social media group, making sure that all content supports the Local radio and Uforia strategies.
● Produce original content from radio shows, reflecting the voice of each station using text, images, video, audio, graphic design and other elements as required.
● Create original multimedia digital content driven by UCI’s mission and editorial team to enrich, inspire, and entertain US Latinos. Content will include interviews and products with the radio talents and different celebrities.
● Manage and create high-quality, relevant content for station’s social media platforms in addition to managing a publishing schedule.
● Script and storyboard video and radio content using humor, drama, tragedy, etc tactics in-line with Uforia brands and generate positive response to the call to action.
● Present drafts to editorial lead to ensure productions and messages are culturally and linguistically appropriate, and will resonate with target Spanish dominant and/or bicultural/bilingual millennial Hispanic audiences in ways that generate positive response and behavior change.
● Coach talents and brand leads on growing their
digital presence and create content opportunities that will drive engagement to their social media.
● Collaborate with other Uforia team members on an as-needed basis.
● 3+ years experience in journalism.
● 3+ years experience in multimedia (video, audio, graphics, scripting, storyboarding) production.
● 2+ years experience with digital and social media platforms
● Education – Bachelor's Degree in Multimedia Production, Communications, Journalism or related field.
Minimum Requirements – Skills/Knowledge/Traits
● Fully bilingual with exceptional Spanish writing skills.
● Deep understanding of the diverse Hispanic demographics and the Latino experience in the US.
● Talented in developing of creative approaches, scripts, storyboards, and pitching ideas to team.
● Experience with CMS publishing systems.
● Knowledge in use of Audition or equivalent foraudio editing; Adobe Premiere or equivalent for video editing and Adobe Photoshop or equivalent for design.
● Experience using Facebook, Twitter, Instagramand other trending social media platforms.
● Ability to execute SEO and SEM strategies to increase visitors and retention rates to Uforia websites and social media.
● Some experience using After Effects or similar program.
● Punctuality and timeliness
● Works well independently and with teams
● Leadership, morale-building and interpersonal skills – genuine team player
● Proactive with ability to solve problems independently
● Efficient and detail-orientated
● Performs well under fast paced environment andlast minute deadline
● Must be resourceful,adaptable, creative, and results-oriented with high energy and a positiveattitude.
About Univision Communications Inc.
Univision Communications Inc. (UCI) is a top-tier multimedia company with 17 broadcast, cable and digital networks; 59 TV stations; 67 radio stations; online and mobile apps, products and content creation facilities. UCI focuses on delivering a branded experience everywhere its audience is, reaching 89 million unduplicated consumers monthly across its portfolio. As a mission-driven Company, UCI is committed to informing, entertaining and empowering Hispanic America.
Univision Communications Inc. (UCI) en una empresa multimedia del más alto nivel, con 17 cadenas de televisión de señal abierta, por cable y digital; 59 estaciones de TV; 67 emisoras de radio; aplicaciones en línea y para dispositivos móviles, productos y sedes para creación de contenido. UCI se centra en ofrecer una experiencia con la marca dondequiera que esté su audiencia, alcanzando a más de 89M de consumidores mensuales en todas las plataformas. Como Compañía impulsada por una misión, UCI se centra en informar, entretener y empoderar a la comunidad hispana en los Estados Unidos.
For more information, please visit www.Univision.net.
Univision is an Equal Opportunity Employer