Manager, Entertainment and Consumer Public Relations
Univision Communications Inc., the leading media company serving Hispanic America, is seeking an experienced bilingual communications professional to join its Consumer Public Relations team based in Miami, Florida. This department leverages key national, local and regional publications, as well as media and sports trades to position the networks of Univision and its portfolio of assets with clients, key influencers, and stakeholders. This is a dynamic group with a demanding workload that works with strict deadlines and after regular business hours.
The candidate must be an accomplished public relations professional with a comprehensive understanding of the Hispanic media landscape.
This person will serve as the Consumer PR lead to support multi platform programming, program launch campaigns, corporate and executive communications. The ideal candidate will have exceptional written and oral communication skills and proven competence with multimedia social/digital tools, and public relations software and platforms.
The Consumer PR team is a collaborative group that works in partnership with numerous divisions throughout the Company and is committed to excellence. Attention to detail is critical, as is the ability to think and make decisions independently.
- Develop and execute comprehensive communications plans to support and promote Univision programming and content.
- Draft high-quality written materials in a variety of forms, including press releases, memos, pitches and bylined articles, as well as social media posts, and other multimedia materials.
- Effective project manager accustomed to managing and meeting aggressive deadlines.
- Drive media placements including outreach to top-tier, media trade and bloggers in Spanish and English-language outlets.
- Proactively develop ideas and opportunities for feature articles, interviews, presentations and other PR activities that promote awareness of Univision programming, executives and company initiatives.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 5-years’ experience; entertainment/media experience preferred.
- Exceptional writing and editing abilities in English and Spanish.
- Prior experience working with the U.S. Hispanic market.
- Proficiency in MS Office productivity tools, as well as relevant social platforms (e.g. Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat,) and media distribution, monitoring, analysis and reporting tools for public relations.
- Superior organizational skills, great attention to detail and follow-through.
- Efficient professional with strong ability to effectively multi-task, prioritize projects and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
About Univision Communications Inc.
Univision Communications Inc. (UCI) is a top-tier multimedia company with 17 broadcast, cable and digital networks; 59 TV stations; 67 radio stations; online and mobile apps, products and content creation facilities. UCI focuses on delivering a branded experience everywhere its audience is, reaching 89 million unduplicated consumers monthly across its portfolio. As a mission-driven Company, UCI is committed to informing, entertaining and empowering Hispanic America.
Univision Communications Inc. (UCI) en una empresa multimedia del más alto nivel, con 17 cadenas de televisión de señal abierta, por cable y digital; 59 estaciones de TV; 67 emisoras de radio; aplicaciones en línea y para dispositivos móviles, productos y sedes para creación de contenido. UCI se centra en ofrecer una experiencia con la marca dondequiera que esté su audiencia, alcanzando a más de 89M de consumidores mensuales en todas las plataformas. Como Compañía impulsada por una misión, UCI se centra en informar, entretener y empoderar a la comunidad hispana en los Estados Unidos.
For more information, please visit www.Univision.net.
Univision is an Equal Opportunity Employer