News Technical Director
The News Technical Director reports to the Operations Director and assists with the technical direction of 6pm and 11pm Newscasts and ability to shoot and edit News stories/packages.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Daily technical direction of 6pm and 11pm newscasts.
- Responsible for shooting and editing stories for daily live newscasts working with Adobe Premier Pro, Viz Gfx, etc.
- Knowledge of working with graphics in Photoshop/Illustrator, for preparation in character generator software.
- Work with iNews daily for preparation of newscasts.
- Good working knowledge of broadcast operations/IT.
- Setting up daily live shots from the Control Room with LiveU field operations.
- Able to work at fast pace and under tight deadlines.
- Proficient in Adobe Premier Pro and Photoshop
- Working knowledge of ENG/EFP
- Experience with Studio productions
- Good driving record
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- A minimum of 2 years of successful track record in broadcast television production or one-year technical direction preferred
- Prior experience in Spanish language television broadcasting preferred.
- College degree or applicable work experience/training preferred.
REQUIRED LANGUAGE SKILLS:
- Excellent communication skills required, both written and oral.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) communication skills are preferred.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle, or feel objects; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
About Univision Communications Inc.
Univision Communications Inc. (UCI) is a top-tier multimedia company with 17 broadcast, cable and digital networks; 59 TV stations; 67 radio stations; online and mobile apps, products and content creation facilities. UCI focuses on delivering a branded experience everywhere its audience is, reaching 89 million unduplicated consumers monthly across its portfolio. As a mission-driven Company, UCI is committed to informing, entertaining and empowering Hispanic America.
Univision Communications Inc. (UCI) en una empresa multimedia del más alto nivel, con 17 cadenas de televisión de señal abierta, por cable y digital; 59 estaciones de TV; 67 emisoras de radio; aplicaciones en línea y para dispositivos móviles, productos y sedes para creación de contenido. UCI se centra en ofrecer una experiencia con la marca dondequiera que esté su audiencia, alcanzando a más de 89M de consumidores mensuales en todas las plataformas. Como Compañía impulsada por una misión, UCI se centra en informar, entretener y empoderar a la comunidad hispana en los Estados Unidos.
For more information, please visit www.Univision.net.
Univision is an Equal Opportunity Employer